These are American-style fluffy pancakes made using Bodyhero Rich Chocolate powder and a few basic ingredients. They're so simple but they're definitely the best pancakes we've ever made!
Recipe (Makes 6-8)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (33g) oat flour
- 2 tbsp (20g) white rice flour
- 1 tbsp (6g) almond flour
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp (12g) Bodyhero protein powder
- 1 tbsp (7g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (90ml) almond milk
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Toppings: choice of peanut butter, chocolate sauce, nuts, cacao nibs, granola etc.
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rice flour, almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. Pour in the almond milk (and vanilla extract if using) and whisk until smooth. Stir in the apple cider vinegar and whisk for a few seconds until just combined.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Use a kitchen paper towel to rub the skillet with the oil.
4. Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet. Cook the pancakes until the edges appear dry and some bubbles are visible in the middle. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for about 2 more minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Stack the pancakes on a plate and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, nuts, banana slices and cacao nibs.