Moist & fudgy chocolate squares made using Bodyhero Rich Chocolate powder, drizzled with @sweetfreedom choc shot in combination with maple syrup... It is just like the real thing and just as delicious.
Recipe (Makes 16)
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 100g low fat vegan margarine, plus a little extra for greasing
- 125g stevia sweetener
- 100g plain flour
- 1 Flax egg (To make flax eggs, mix one tsps ground flaxseed with three tbsp of water.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 50g Bodyhero Rich Chocolate Protein powder
FOR THE TOPPING
Sweet freedom (choc shot)
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease & line an 18cm x 18cm (7in x 7in) square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. When the sweet potatoes are cool, place them in a mixing bowl along with all the other brownie ingredients. Using an electric hand whisk, beat together for 2-3 minutes. Tip into the prepared tin and spread out, levelling the surface with a knife. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool completely.
3. Remove the brownies and greaseproof paper from the tin, drizzle with the chocolate topping and cut into sixteen squares. Remove carefully from the greaseproof paper. (You can also freeze the brownies for another day.)